My Internship Journey

***I know it is not a professional ethic to complain about their job place but if my experience would give someone lesson then I won't mind ***
Internship-is a method of on-the-job training for white-collar and professional careers.Internships for professional careers are similar to apprenticeships for trade and vocational jobs. Although interns are typically college or university students, they can also be high school students or post-graduate adults. On occasion, they are middle school or even elementary students. In some countries, internships for school children are called work experience. Internships may be paid or unpaid, and are usually understood to be temporary positions.
                                                                                                                         Source: Wiki
 

     I'm sure most us have gone through this tough time , new environment ,working class people ,stress, dateline,idea ,meeting ,pitching session ,target and rest of the words.And the worst case would be you at the wrong place at the wrong time.I think this would be the best introduction that I can conclude my internship journey.
     The poster above doesn't have connection with today's writing ,it just that it inspire me to write something on my internship journey so that it can be lesson to those will soon experience it.It all started after most of my friends got their internship at MNC (HP..Lenovo..Siemens..etc) and I'm   still waiting for my luck to get a call from any company since the last day to submit the form for  internship application is the next day.
    And then the call ,it was from this particular company which was listed at the job street promises its a 100% IT related field .To cut it short my 1 month experience at this company, let me put it in this way :

The good part
  • I was not alone ,my two other friend also joined the same company ,it feels better when you have someone you know at a new place.
  • I learn this how to run a company ,with some "deadliest" strategies (which I learn from the book the boss ask me to read and explain to him !)
  • I learn to do email marketing
The best part

  • It's kinda cool when you can be wear anything you like,it's unofficial all the time ,t-shirt , jeans...slipper??--

The worst part
  • The office size is so small and makes me imagine the public toilet would be much spacious and there are 7 people in the office.
  • The boss only hire interns for his company ,so no guidelines or proper guidance.The idea is to cut cost for pay permanent staff.
  • 7 of us are interns from various university and various field studies and doing various works.
  • As the company is small ,laptop not provided ,need to use my own laptop
  • Forgot to mention things I did there,I need to do marketing "Hello,I'm calling from *** **** **** ,we are basically provide training ,franchise......." , I really hate that part when the boss told 3 of us to make at least 40 calls a day and try to find customers.
  • I need to create banners and pamphlet ,do the online promotions,publicity,online strategies and sort of that thing.When my boss learnt that I'm doing freelance corporate videos and photography ,he utilized it well without any payment.
  • I need to from calling to creating banners,coming up with new ideas to develop HIS company, even my job title was IT but he set me a monthly target of  30k which is 7500 per month.
  • **This is the part where I hate the most ,the boss feel so cool about hold a tin of Calsberg and having weekly meeting with his staff. There was once where he was so drunk and start to yell to another staff for not achieve her monthly target ,as I mention earlier she is a student who holds the  post accountant-cum-secretary ! Damn ,just can't brain it ,so unprofessional !
  • I can't even tell to anyone where am I actually working or even I don't know why the heck I was there first place.And the moment people ask me and I feel like ...

And you want to know why 3 of us hate this question , because being a student studying Degree in Information Technology and majoring in Computer Forensic would be never proud to that he done his internship at
.
So my sincere advise to all my readers,please strictly follow things below before you consider for your internship.

DO.....
1.Prepare resume properly.
2.Try to go for a listed companies / mnc or at least a company with good profile.
3.Do some research before you join there,don't simply take or reject any offers.
4.Read all the conditions before you sign your letter of conformations.
5.Find a job that much or likely related to your field of studies.
6.Internship will be included in your future reference for your permanent job,so better take seriously or else will end up with like mine.


p/s: Above would be just some parts of my internship journey that I learned in 1 month, 3 of us manage to find another company and feel much peaceful without a boss who drunk and yell to his staffs. And yes,it will have a part 2 after I finished my internship completely.



No comments:

Post a Comment